This week’s 10things I love is all about the beautiful and great southwest! I am really enjoying curating this feature each week and hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Remember you can click on the images to be taken directly to their Etsy listing.
Hip hip hooray for hand made! Oh come on, I’m feeling cheesy. (:
1. A collector of feathers myself, I love the mix of soft suede with the pretty peacock, pheasant, and guinea feathers and the ikat fabric, feathers just make all the difference for me. Truthfully, you could stick a feather on anything and I’d love it. It excites a sense of liberation and honesty in me, so inspiring. Actually, I am super inspired by Laura, the maker of this lovely creation. I started reading her blog from the beginning last week, after I came across her shops and it’s been really amazing to see her journey and watch her bloom as an artist through her words and photos. It’s also been really uplifting as I put the final details on shop items I have been working on for the past million months. I know, enough already just show us the goods! Update soon I promise! Necklace $58 from Roots and feathers.
2. Isn’t this jacket so cool!? It’s made from an upcycled men’s coat and adorned with pretty faux fur. I’d say this lady has some skills. Her whole shop is amazing. It’s full of fun vintage items from the 60s and 70s as well as some vintage inspired lovelies. Ah I’m an addict! $98 from GitchiGamiClothing
3. Mmmm mmm. I am all about the asymmetrical skirt right now and I just love how the simple striped fabric has been cut at angles to create the pretty chevron pattern. I’ve got an old bed sheet that needs some love and I am thinking I might need another maxi to add to my stash. Not so keene on making your own? You can snag this one on Etsy. Skirt $60 from ScissorClothing
4. So pretty, simple, and stunning! I don’t wear a lot of sterling silver, I’ma bronze/gold gal myself, but when I saw this ring I couldn’t take my eyes off of it. Love the simple stamped ikat pattern. Ring $60 from melaniefavreau
5. Too cute. That’s all I have to say. I this dress is just so adorable, there I said it again, just kinda different. I love the low back, so pretty and perfect for summer with sandal wedges! Dress handmade $50 from BetterStayTogether.
6. Oh my goodness. Smitten. These leggings are incredible and if I had a pair it’d be hard to not find me in them. I mean they are so bright you could see me from miles away! tee hee. And let’s be honest, I would wear them everyday. Leggings $58 from PeekoApparel.
7. So pretty – hand died leather triangles adorned with bronze chain. What a perfect piar to wear anywhere! Haha. I am sorry I am a goof. I am actually finishing this post up at 3 in the morning. I love long dangly earrings and these make a lovely statement. Mariage Earrings olivesandpearls $29
8. Bold and beautiful bib. A sucker for turquoise right here. This necklace couldn’t be more perfect, turquoise is a purification stone and is often associated with the heart and throat chakras. It helps absorb negativity and promotes self realization, and creativity! While this necklace isn’t made from actual turquoise, it is made from recycled newspaper! Which is just as cleansing for our heart chakras when you think about all the good it’s doing for our mother earth. That’s right newspaper. Mind blowing. Necklace $34 from KikiKoyote.
9. I just had to share one of Andi’s bags. So in love with her recent southwestern set. It’s really amazing, she takes old men’s leather coats and turns them into these beautiful one of a kind hand bags, and purses. Someday, sigh, someday. I have also been reading Andi’s blog a lot recently and her story is also ringing true for me. So many inspiring ladies out there really doing what their hears and hands love. And she’s Canadian, and everyone knows I love Canadians. (: Bag $295 from hoakonhelga.
10. Such a breath taking painting. Reminds me of my own personal and spiritual journey, how my soul feels like a desert sometimes, and I mean that in the best way possible. Soul searching is a beautiful thing, and this is such a lovely painting. JOURNEY 49 Acrylic on Canvas $50 from KathyMortonStanion.
ooh lolly lolly lolly
I hope you found today’s 10 things I love inspiring. I, myself have been channeling all this inspiration into some poetry and art journaling. Putting pen to paper sure is a liberating feeling, especially when the sun is a shining and the birds chirping. I have been trying to hone in on my calligraphy skills as well. Which has been fun and interesting. I like choosing a little monthly goal or hobby to work on.
March has been such a wonderful month. James and I experienced so much joy, celebration, and growth and it’s really got me ready for this new journey known as April. I am so excited and ready for each day. I think in April I’d like to work on my macrame skills. It’s a skill I have always been enamoured with. And heck since I bought those two big spool of cording and crochet thread at VV last month for a dollar a piece, I figured macrame would be the perfect craft to get to know them better. Oh yeah, my old nikon goes to the shop today! Still not sure where my little cannon walked off to, but excited to get photographing again!
I hope you have a lovely day,