1. This gorgeous photograph from WildWildernessPhotos on Etsy has got me yearning for salty shores. $45
2. I even miss hurricanes and the thunder storms of summer. Photo from MizXtina on Etsy. $25
3. How about a magical ocean accessory to wear out on the board walk. This starfish hair clip if from dreamsbythesea on Etsy. $25
4. Sweet mint green sea glass was used to make this stunning little necklace from jennreeseSEVEN on Etsy. Perfect for an evening walk on the beach with my love and my favorite maxi. $29
5. I really have to get my hands on one of these fun high waist and cropped tube top suits from Nicolelebreux on Etsy. Bottoms $60 and top $45
6. I am so in love with Tumbleweeds. Aren’t these just the shades one need to be lounging down on the beach, with their inlaid turquoise and Mahogany veneer catching some rays in style. $145
7. These crochet beach shorts from katrinshine on Etsy are just the cutest things ever with their scalloped edge and their lacy design. $150
8. Every beachy lady needs a nice pair of sandals for hanging around the pool and I just love this pair. These handmade leather sandals with ribbon ties from GreekChicHandmades are the perfect bathing suit foot wear. $39
9. How about this gorgeous made to order crochet bikini in sweet mint green from Eleonoraesposito on Etsy? Yes Please. I can’t get enough crochet ever. $150
10. I am going to need a pretty big durable beach bag for carrying everything I need to the shores to hang out. How about this market style bag made of french linen with leather straps from Ikabags on Etsy? I love it and it looks so durable. Which is exactly what I need. $89
I am a little under the weather today and taking time to stay hydrated and just relax and unwind, dreaming I was at the beach in the cool water. I think I put a little to much on my plate these last few weeks with all of the different projects I am working on. I’ve got to sit down and figure out a timetable to balance this madness. Although, I kind of love being super busy. It keeps me motivated and moving.
Will you be taking any beach trips this summer? I love the beach and would live by the ocean year round if I could.
Posted in 10 Things I love, Etsy
Tagged 10 things I love, bathing suites, beach bag, beach fashion, beach photography, bohemian, boho, Clever Plumage, crochet bikini, Etsy, Hillery Sawyer, lace cover up, sandals, sea glass, sunglasses, Tumbleweeds Etsy
With more and more snail mail coming and going from my humble abode I have been lusting more and more after some amazing stationary.
There really is nothing better than writing and receiving letters. E-mail, eh. They’re nice, but letters are so much better and my hope is that my writing improves with the practice. Here are just a few very darling little postcards I came across on Etsy this week.
A great song and a lovely postcard from Here my Dear on Etsy.
Love the contrast of white and bright bold colors in these whimsical postcards from Chipmonk Cheeks on Etsy.
Pretty geometric postcards by mademoiselleyo on Etsy.
Love this fun and funky letterpress post card by Rebecca Ann Rakstad on Etsy.
I hope you all have a beautiful and lovely Thursday and that maybe you leave here little bit inspired to send everyone you know a pretty little postcard!
Posted in Etsy
Tagged artwork, Clever Plumage, crafters, Etsy, hand make my life, handmade, Hillery Sawyer, postcards, print, sellers, stationary
Wow. Where have I been the last four days? I don’t even know where to start, it’s been a jubilant whirlwind. Despite the weather being not so nice these past few days with rain everyday and cold temperatures – it even snowed a little last night, this weekend has been filled with joy, creativity, and so busy busy busy. I am working on starting a new job, which I am really excited about. Friday was a conference call morning, which is an interesting new experience for me, but I’ll tell you more about that later. James and I got our new little camera the Cannon G12. Oh my, it’s heavenly and such a life changer, having a camera around to explore with. I’ve also been busy with the shop! Over the weekend I got a chance to do a little shop update. Here are just the first two newbies!
I love this bracelet so much! I recently won a giveaway on Eva’s blog Runaway Thrift were I won those awesome studs on the bracelet. I was really excited as I used to use studs on my pieces way back in 2009 when I sold them at Roller Derby Bouts in Atlanta. It’s been a lot of fun to play with them again. I am slowly adding more jewelry to the shop and will be adding more fascinators as well as the weather gets better. Suppose to be more rain tomorrow, but Wednesday should be my day.
It is such a relief to finally be able to update the shop. It truly is like a burden has been lifted. I even got a little creative kick just being self reliant. It’s really nice not to have to rely on others and boy is it a lot less stressful taking your own photos than coming up with the funds, 20 perfect pieces, find models, have a non windy, warmish day, and pray that they will look fantastic as tiny thumbnails. I am also excited to be learning photography again. This is an interest that has been put on hold for quite some time.
Impromptu photo shoot jewelry organizer. A little behind the scenes action for you there. The purple bike is mine, isn’t she a beaut?
Crafting is my passion. I am really happy there is a space like Etsy for folks like me who just love to make things and get them out there. Someday I hope crafting can be an even bigger part of my life. It is where I feel the most joy and the most comfort with just being me.
A few months back when I was just starting this blog a wrote a little post on the 5 Ways Crafting has helped me become a Stronger Woman. It only seems fitting to reiterate those feelings and embrace that passion continuously through out this journey.
There are some exciting changes about to happen in this space. You may see a little less, or a little more, or simply just see me in different ways as this space evolves. I have enjoyed the journey and the exploration so far and cannot wait to see what the future holds.
Posted in About me, Clever Plumage, Etsy
Tagged bohemian, boho, Clever Plumage, Craft, crafting, creativity, Etsy, Hillery Sawyer, passion, shop update
Hello all you lovely people. I just wanted to pop in and share a little bit about this cool little giveaway I am hosting today over on the lovely Krysten’s blog, Why Girls are Weird.
Everyone knows how I love to barter and trade right? Well Krysten’s one great lady that shares this same passion. And we’ve paired up to put on this fun giveaway. See, that’s what I love about the blogosphere – folks take care of each other.
Anywho, I am really excited to be giving away this necklace! It’s one of the new pieces that will be going up in my shop. It’s a pretty antique bronze chain with little pops of color from fun and enchanting Swarovski crystals with two little two bars of turquoise colored glass beads. Oh and the sweet little cluster of pheasant guinea feathers really pulls this all together for a fun and flowy, boho feel.
So if you have time, stop by and take a look around Krysten’s blog. I am sure you’ll be glad you did!
I’ll be back later on with a little post on some of my thrifty finds from our last visit to Value Village. For now I am off to eat my yummy steamed spinach sandwich!
Posted in Clever Plumage, Etsy, Give aways
Tagged bohemian, boho, Clever Plumage, Contest, Etsy, feather, give away, Hillery Sawyer, jewelry, Krysten hartenstein, Necklace, Why Girls Are Weird
I love my bike!
Oh my goodness. Etsy sellers take the cake when it comes to creative ways to outfit your bicycle. So many beautiful and incredible items. I’d love to deck out my bike with all of these ingenius and adorable bicycle accessories!
This week’s 10things I love is all about the beautiful and great southwest! I am really enjoying curating this feature each week and hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Remember you can click on the images to be taken directly to their Etsy listing.
Hip hip hooray for hand made! Oh come on, I’m feeling cheesy. (:
1. A collector of feathers myself, I love the mix of soft suede with the pretty peacock, pheasant, and guinea feathers and the ikat fabric, feathers just make all the difference for me. Truthfully, you could stick a feather on anything and I’d love it. It excites a sense of liberation and honesty in me, so inspiring. Actually, I am super inspired by Laura, the maker of this lovely creation. I started reading her blog from the beginning last week, after I came across her shops and it’s been really amazing to see her journey and watch her bloom as an artist through her words and photos. It’s also been really uplifting as I put the final details on shop items I have been working on for the past million months. I know, enough already just show us the goods! Update soon I promise! Necklace $58 from Roots and feathers.
2. Isn’t this jacket so cool!? It’s made from an upcycled men’s coat and adorned with pretty faux fur. I’d say this lady has some skills. Her whole shop is amazing. It’s full of fun vintage items from the 60s and 70s as well as some vintage inspired lovelies. Ah I’m an addict! $98 from GitchiGamiClothing
3. Mmmm mmm. I am all about the asymmetrical skirt right now and I just love how the simple striped fabric has been cut at angles to create the pretty chevron pattern. I’ve got an old bed sheet that needs some love and I am thinking I might need another maxi to add to my stash. Not so keene on making your own? You can snag this one on Etsy. Skirt $60 from ScissorClothing
4. So pretty, simple, and stunning! I don’t wear a lot of sterling silver, I’ma bronze/gold gal myself, but when I saw this ring I couldn’t take my eyes off of it. Love the simple stamped ikat pattern. Ring $60 from melaniefavreau
5. Too cute. That’s all I have to say. I this dress is just so adorable, there I said it again, just kinda different. I love the low back, so pretty and perfect for summer with sandal wedges! Dress handmade $50 from BetterStayTogether.
6. Oh my goodness. Smitten. These leggings are incredible and if I had a pair it’d be hard to not find me in them. I mean they are so bright you could see me from miles away! tee hee. And let’s be honest, I would wear them everyday. Leggings $58 from PeekoApparel.
7. So pretty – hand died leather triangles adorned with bronze chain. What a perfect piar to wear anywhere! Haha. I am sorry I am a goof. I am actually finishing this post up at 3 in the morning. I love long dangly earrings and these make a lovely statement. Mariage Earrings olivesandpearls $29
8. Bold and beautiful bib. A sucker for turquoise right here. This necklace couldn’t be more perfect, turquoise is a purification stone and is often associated with the heart and throat chakras. It helps absorb negativity and promotes self realization, and creativity! While this necklace isn’t made from actual turquoise, it is made from recycled newspaper! Which is just as cleansing for our heart chakras when you think about all the good it’s doing for our mother earth. That’s right newspaper. Mind blowing. Necklace $34 from KikiKoyote.
9. I just had to share one of Andi’s bags. So in love with her recent southwestern set. It’s really amazing, she takes old men’s leather coats and turns them into these beautiful one of a kind hand bags, and purses. Someday, sigh, someday. I have also been reading Andi’s blog a lot recently and her story is also ringing true for me. So many inspiring ladies out there really doing what their hears and hands love. And she’s Canadian, and everyone knows I love Canadians. (: Bag $295 from hoakonhelga.
10. Such a breath taking painting. Reminds me of my own personal and spiritual journey, how my soul feels like a desert sometimes, and I mean that in the best way possible. Soul searching is a beautiful thing, and this is such a lovely painting. JOURNEY 49 Acrylic on Canvas $50 from KathyMortonStanion.
ooh lolly lolly lolly
I hope you found today’s 10 things I love inspiring. I, myself have been channeling all this inspiration into some poetry and art journaling. Putting pen to paper sure is a liberating feeling, especially when the sun is a shining and the birds chirping. I have been trying to hone in on my calligraphy skills as well. Which has been fun and interesting. I like choosing a little monthly goal or hobby to work on.
March has been such a wonderful month. James and I experienced so much joy, celebration, and growth and it’s really got me ready for this new journey known as April. I am so excited and ready for each day. I think in April I’d like to work on my macrame skills. It’s a skill I have always been enamoured with. And heck since I bought those two big spool of cording and crochet thread at VV last month for a dollar a piece, I figured macrame would be the perfect craft to get to know them better. Oh yeah, my old nikon goes to the shop today! Still not sure where my little cannon walked off to, but excited to get photographing again!
I hope you have a lovely day,
Posted in 10 Things I love, About me, Etsy
Tagged Better Stay Together, bronze, earrings, Etsy, fashion, GitchiGamiClothing, handmade, hoakonhelga, jewelry, Kathy Morton Stanion, Kiki Koyote, leggings, Melanie Favreau, Olives and Pearls, Peeko Apparel, Roots and Feathers, Scissors Clothing, Skirt, southwestern, Spiritual journey, sterling silver, style
A little treasury I put together today in honor of Spring.
Wild and Free a Spring Gypsy
So I’m back, to the velvet underground
Back to the floor, that I love
To a room with some lace and paper flowers
Back to the gypsy, that I was
To the gypsy, that I was
Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.