1. This gorgeous photograph from WildWildernessPhotos on Etsy has got me yearning for salty shores. $45
2. I even miss hurricanes and the thunder storms of summer. Photo from MizXtina on Etsy. $25
3. How about a magical ocean accessory to wear out on the board walk. This starfish hair clip if from dreamsbythesea on Etsy. $25
4. Sweet mint green sea glass was used to make this stunning little necklace from jennreeseSEVEN on Etsy. Perfect for an evening walk on the beach with my love and my favorite maxi. $29
5. I really have to get my hands on one of these fun high waist and cropped tube top suits from Nicolelebreux on Etsy. Bottoms $60 and top $45
6. I am so in love with Tumbleweeds. Aren’t these just the shades one need to be lounging down on the beach, with their inlaid turquoise and Mahogany veneer catching some rays in style. $145
7. These crochet beach shorts from katrinshine on Etsy are just the cutest things ever with their scalloped edge and their lacy design. $150
8. Every beachy lady needs a nice pair of sandals for hanging around the pool and I just love this pair. These handmade leather sandals with ribbon ties from GreekChicHandmades are the perfect bathing suit foot wear. $39
9. How about this gorgeous made to order crochet bikini in sweet mint green from Eleonoraesposito on Etsy? Yes Please. I can’t get enough crochet ever. $150
10. I am going to need a pretty big durable beach bag for carrying everything I need to the shores to hang out. How about this market style bag made of french linen with leather straps from Ikabags on Etsy? I love it and it looks so durable. Which is exactly what I need. $89
I am a little under the weather today and taking time to stay hydrated and just relax and unwind, dreaming I was at the beach in the cool water. I think I put a little to much on my plate these last few weeks with all of the different projects I am working on. I’ve got to sit down and figure out a timetable to balance this madness. Although, I kind of love being super busy. It keeps me motivated and moving.
Will you be taking any beach trips this summer? I love the beach and would live by the ocean year round if I could.
Posted in 10 Things I love, Etsy
Tagged 10 things I love, bathing suites, beach bag, beach fashion, beach photography, bohemian, boho, Clever Plumage, crochet bikini, Etsy, Hillery Sawyer, lace cover up, sandals, sea glass, sunglasses, Tumbleweeds Etsy
This top from Lulu’s is super versatile in that it can be worn tucked, untucked, belted, over a dress, and with jeans. Plus sheer is in!
Solid color crop tops like this one on Threadsence are a great addition to your wardrobe this season.
Love this taupey maxi by BB Dakota on Threadsence. A perfect neutral and would look great with a crop top or color pop accessories.
Here we go with a gorgeous and flowy green asymmetrical skirt from Threadsence.
Mint jeans are the pastel trend of the century. They are everywhere and everyone wants a pair like the cute little skinny pedal pushers from Modcloth. The question is: do you?
Color blocking, different hues stacked one atop the other. Love this Kelly green blazer matched with the neon, pastel skinny pants from Lulu’s.
This is the perfect lace tank top from Lulu’s to pair with any and everything you own.
This How have you Vanilla Bean? Dress from Modcloth is really a perfect polka dot. It’s a neutral and would be great to match up with a bright polka dotted sweater (like this one) or one of this seasons pop color accessories.
This black and white stripe skirt from free people really fits the bill, you get your versatile maxi (simply pull up over your chest and belt for a simple summer dress.
So what is my number on tip for you? Invest in neutrals and save the trends for accessories and the occasional top or bottom, don’t fill your closet with trends.
My number two? Always quality jeans. I know I didn’t mention them in the trends, that’s because they are a staple closet item. I spend a good hour in the thrift store trying on every pair of jeans in my sizes till I find the right pair. Sometimes I don’t find it, but sometimes I get lucky! And the perfect pair of jeans for 7 bucks? Who could argue with that?
I hope you have fun with it and feel inspired. Remember, neutrals are your best friend, because they make everything look good.
Posted in 10 Things I love, Fashion inspiration
Tagged asymmetrical, chevrons, Clever Plumage, crop top, fashion, free people, hand make my life, Hillery Sawyer, lulu's, maxi dress, neon, threadsence, trend, trendy
I love my bike!
Oh my goodness. Etsy sellers take the cake when it comes to creative ways to outfit your bicycle. So many beautiful and incredible items. I’d love to deck out my bike with all of these ingenius and adorable bicycle accessories!
Wanting to live better and be more comfortable in our tiny apartment, I am constantly hoarding ideas and inspiration to organize and decorate our space. One of my main sources for inspiration is the Gypsy Caravan or Roulettes. Bright, colorful, and compact these dwellings make good use of every inch of space.
James and I’s bedroom, with it’s dormers and funny closet, is a little lacking in functioning space as it currently stands. Our dream is so really utilise every nook and cranny. To not only make room for long term storage, but also active storage – book shelves, day to day clothing storage, and also as odd as it sounds – long term food storage with a light controlled place to store our home canned goods. We want the bedroom to be a place we escape to, find cozy, comforting, and romantic. And a space that also functions well, with adequate storage, and is an easy place to get ready for the day.
We’d like to achieve this by lofting our bed for built in storage underneath, and at it’s foot, working with the slope of the roof. We’d also like to add a reading area in the window dormer with functioning storage underneath and and space beside with a mirror and a little storage to function as a vanity so we both aren’t squeezing into the little bathroom in the mornings.
We have similar hopes for our spare room which is almost exactly like our bed room. We’d like it to function as an office as well as have a space for two guests to enjoy themselves. We also want it to be a space that can easily transition when we have our first child (another 5 to 7 years down the road).
We are in this apartment for the long term and we are excited to find the best ways to organize the space, find the furniture that works, build what we can, and get rid of what we don’t need.
For more information on these images or on roulettes/caravans check out Jeanne Bayol or her blog. Her work is amazing!
Posted in 10 Things I love, DIY, Inspiration
Tagged Art, bohemian, boho, caravan, colorful, Decor, handmade, Home, inspiration, inspired, jeanne bayol, roulette
This week’s 10things I love is all about the beautiful and great southwest! I am really enjoying curating this feature each week and hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Remember you can click on the images to be taken directly to their Etsy listing.
Hip hip hooray for hand made! Oh come on, I’m feeling cheesy. (:
1. A collector of feathers myself, I love the mix of soft suede with the pretty peacock, pheasant, and guinea feathers and the ikat fabric, feathers just make all the difference for me. Truthfully, you could stick a feather on anything and I’d love it. It excites a sense of liberation and honesty in me, so inspiring. Actually, I am super inspired by Laura, the maker of this lovely creation. I started reading her blog from the beginning last week, after I came across her shops and it’s been really amazing to see her journey and watch her bloom as an artist through her words and photos. It’s also been really uplifting as I put the final details on shop items I have been working on for the past million months. I know, enough already just show us the goods! Update soon I promise! Necklace $58 from Roots and feathers.
2. Isn’t this jacket so cool!? It’s made from an upcycled men’s coat and adorned with pretty faux fur. I’d say this lady has some skills. Her whole shop is amazing. It’s full of fun vintage items from the 60s and 70s as well as some vintage inspired lovelies. Ah I’m an addict! $98 from GitchiGamiClothing
3. Mmmm mmm. I am all about the asymmetrical skirt right now and I just love how the simple striped fabric has been cut at angles to create the pretty chevron pattern. I’ve got an old bed sheet that needs some love and I am thinking I might need another maxi to add to my stash. Not so keene on making your own? You can snag this one on Etsy. Skirt $60 from ScissorClothing
4. So pretty, simple, and stunning! I don’t wear a lot of sterling silver, I’ma bronze/gold gal myself, but when I saw this ring I couldn’t take my eyes off of it. Love the simple stamped ikat pattern. Ring $60 from melaniefavreau
5. Too cute. That’s all I have to say. I this dress is just so adorable, there I said it again, just kinda different. I love the low back, so pretty and perfect for summer with sandal wedges! Dress handmade $50 from BetterStayTogether.
6. Oh my goodness. Smitten. These leggings are incredible and if I had a pair it’d be hard to not find me in them. I mean they are so bright you could see me from miles away! tee hee. And let’s be honest, I would wear them everyday. Leggings $58 from PeekoApparel.
7. So pretty – hand died leather triangles adorned with bronze chain. What a perfect piar to wear anywhere! Haha. I am sorry I am a goof. I am actually finishing this post up at 3 in the morning. I love long dangly earrings and these make a lovely statement. Mariage Earrings olivesandpearls $29
8. Bold and beautiful bib. A sucker for turquoise right here. This necklace couldn’t be more perfect, turquoise is a purification stone and is often associated with the heart and throat chakras. It helps absorb negativity and promotes self realization, and creativity! While this necklace isn’t made from actual turquoise, it is made from recycled newspaper! Which is just as cleansing for our heart chakras when you think about all the good it’s doing for our mother earth. That’s right newspaper. Mind blowing. Necklace $34 from KikiKoyote.
9. I just had to share one of Andi’s bags. So in love with her recent southwestern set. It’s really amazing, she takes old men’s leather coats and turns them into these beautiful one of a kind hand bags, and purses. Someday, sigh, someday. I have also been reading Andi’s blog a lot recently and her story is also ringing true for me. So many inspiring ladies out there really doing what their hears and hands love. And she’s Canadian, and everyone knows I love Canadians. (: Bag $295 from hoakonhelga.
10. Such a breath taking painting. Reminds me of my own personal and spiritual journey, how my soul feels like a desert sometimes, and I mean that in the best way possible. Soul searching is a beautiful thing, and this is such a lovely painting. JOURNEY 49 Acrylic on Canvas $50 from KathyMortonStanion.
ooh lolly lolly lolly
I hope you found today’s 10 things I love inspiring. I, myself have been channeling all this inspiration into some poetry and art journaling. Putting pen to paper sure is a liberating feeling, especially when the sun is a shining and the birds chirping. I have been trying to hone in on my calligraphy skills as well. Which has been fun and interesting. I like choosing a little monthly goal or hobby to work on.
March has been such a wonderful month. James and I experienced so much joy, celebration, and growth and it’s really got me ready for this new journey known as April. I am so excited and ready for each day. I think in April I’d like to work on my macrame skills. It’s a skill I have always been enamoured with. And heck since I bought those two big spool of cording and crochet thread at VV last month for a dollar a piece, I figured macrame would be the perfect craft to get to know them better. Oh yeah, my old nikon goes to the shop today! Still not sure where my little cannon walked off to, but excited to get photographing again!
I hope you have a lovely day,
Posted in 10 Things I love, About me, Etsy
Tagged Better Stay Together, bronze, earrings, Etsy, fashion, GitchiGamiClothing, handmade, hoakonhelga, jewelry, Kathy Morton Stanion, Kiki Koyote, leggings, Melanie Favreau, Olives and Pearls, Peeko Apparel, Roots and Feathers, Scissors Clothing, Skirt, southwestern, Spiritual journey, sterling silver, style
1. love this cozy corner bed surrounded in books, asian artwork, and all the colorful mix-matched patterns. Image via: Apartment Therapy
2. how bout this kitchen with it’s reclaimed wood, drawers, and crates. I love it’s rustic sensibilities mixed with the stainless. That’s just lovely. Image via: Mossiere on Tumblr
3. although I don’t have any sweet babies of my own this little one’s loft is just so perfect. The designer did such a great job optimizing space and bringing in storage. I love the mix of wood stains too. Image via: the boo and the boy
4. this tiny Paris apartment is so bright and cozy. Well organized as well with easy to find everyday items too. Love the bookcase bed divider. Image via: Decor8
5. This is my dream kitchen. Open shelving, art work, a deep porcelain sink and a tiny island. I am only sorry I cannot share a larger version of this image. Image via: My favorite and my Best
I am also in love with:
This weekend was a busy one. James is starting one job and finishing another. He is content to work everyday at both for the next two weeks. Over the weekend we celebrated his birthday. We had a lovely little lunch in a whole in the wall Sicilian restaurant in our neighborhood. We split a Sicilian style pizza! Yum! And spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for board games. We are kind of board game fanatics who don’t actually have the pleasure of owning many board games. We also had a lovely pasta dinner with his Aunt last night, who is one of my most favorite people in the world! She’s amazing.
Well the sun is shinning and I’ve got some errands to run! I hope you are getting the chance to enjoy some time out of doors. So lovely.
Have a lovely day,
Posted in 10 Things I love, Etsy
Tagged Arts, Crafts, dress, Etsy, Floral, Flower, handmade, Necklace, orange, Pendant, pink, sandals, shoes, small business